Saturday 15 March 2008

Preparations Part 3 - How to move out of your apartment

I have travelled a lot before, but I have always kept an apartment while being away. This is the first time I give up home and put all my stuff in storage. I have only 2 weeks left before I have to be completely out of my apartment and panic starts to set in. There are card board boxes all over the place. I discover junk I haven't seen in years and I don't want to see now because I don't know how to get rid of it. My neighbours start hating me because I fill up the trash cans as soon as they have been emptied. I know all sorts of charity organizations now: My old clothes and books have gone to church bazaars for street kids, neighborhood bookshops for the unemployed and Humana for projects in Africa.I just do hope that all that is left in the end will fit into my 8,4 cubic meter self storage apartment... Cross your fingers for me!

No comments: